GENERAL STATEMENT OF OUR INFORMATION HANDLING POLICIES
We recognise the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We do everything we can to maintain that trust. Our staff are employed on the basis that they will protect information about you. This is our personal standard. Under law your rights to privacy are also protected. This statement explains how we protect your privacy.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
your name and contact details;
some personal details;
other information that you will supply to us.
Why we collect the information
We use the information to assist in providing you with relevant consumer information, notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you. We may also provide value-added services and offers.
Where we collect the information from
We obtain most of your information from you directly in a variety of ways:
- Through our website
– The name of the domain from which you access the internet;
– The date and time you access our site; and
– The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
- Questionnaires and surveys
- Telephone inquiries
- Warranty cards
STIHL SHOP PROSPECT WEBSITE – www.stihlshopprospect.com.au
Personal information collected by STIHL Shop Prospect is treated as confidential and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 . Personal information is information relating to an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion provided.
Site Visit Data
This site is operated and maintained by STIHL Shop Prospect. When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and is used by STIHL Shop Prospect to help improve the site. The following information is supplied by your browser:
- the user’s server address
- the user’s operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc)
- the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s logs.
Collection of Personal Information
When you e-mail us or submit your information :
- we will record your e-mail address
- we will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it
- it will not be added to a mailing list
- we will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose
- we will not disclose it without your consent except where STIHL Shop Prospect may be required by law to disclose certain information.
Should you decide to use an online form, such as one used by STIHL Shop Prospect Enquiries:
- we will record your name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number, occupation, company and area of interest
- we will only use this information for the purpose for which you provided it
- the information will not be added to a mailing list
- we will not disclose this information without your consent except where STIHL Shop Prospect may be required by law to disclose certain information.
We will, at your request, provide you with access to any information which we have collected about you through this website in accordance with Information Privacy Principle 6, Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). To gain access to this information you should contact us (see details below). If you believe that any information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us and we will revise the relevant information in accordance with Information Privacy Principle 7, Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
A cookie is a text string that is included with Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) requests and responses. Cookies are used to maintain state information as you navigate different pages on a web site or return to the web site at a later time. Cookies cannot be used to execute code (run programs) or deliver viruses to your computer.
Persistent vs. Session Cookies
Cookies are either stored in memory (session cookies) or placed on your hard disk (persistent cookies). STIHL Shop Prospect does not use persistent cookies.
How to Access Cookies Settings in your Browser
You have the ability to enable or disable cookies, or have Internet Explorer or Netscape prompt you before accepting cookies. Note that disabling cookies may prevent some web services from working correctly, and disabling cookies does not make you anonymous or prevent web sites from tracking your browsing habits. HTTP requests still include information about where you came from (HTTP Referrer), your IP address, browser version, operating system, and other information (see Site Visit Data above).
- In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu, and then click the Security tab.
- Click the Web content zone you want, and then click Custom Level.
- Under Cookies , click the options you want, click OK , and then click OK.
- From the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
- Click the Advanced category. Click one of the radio buttons in the Cookies section. Important: In most cases, “Accept all cookies” is the best choice. The second button means that your computer ill not send a cookie to a server that did not originate it.
- If you want to be notified when Communicator accepts a cookie, check “Warn me before accepting a cookie.”
Security of Information
Your personal information will not be released unless the law requires or permits it or your permission is given. We provide a secure environment and a reliable system but you should be aware that there may be inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. For those who do not wish to use the Internet, STIHL Shop Prospect provides alternative ways of obtaining and providing information.
To whom do we regularly disclose personal information
We may disclose information that we hold to advertising or marketing agencies for the purposes of direct marketing for example.
You may ‘opt-out’ of receiving direct marketing material
We also ask you for some personal details so that we can keep in touch with you and so that we can tell you about our other products and services that could be very useful to you. Please contact our Privacy Officer if you do not wish your details to be used for marketing purposes.
Any information that we no longer require is destroyed. An exception to this may be retention of the information for data analysis. However, if this occurs then the information will be retained in a form that does not allow you to be identified from that information.
ACCESS & CORRECTION
The security of your information is important to us. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that information is stored securely both in electronic and physical form.
However, you may access your information at any time. If you would like to know what information we hold about you please contact our Privacy Officer. If you discover that there is an error or information is missing please notify our Privacy Officer and we will try to correct or add the information as soon as possible.
We will try to ensure that all information we collect, use of disclose about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We will try to satisfy any questions that you have and correct any errors on our part.
© 2017 STIHL Shop Prospect. All rights reserved.